"Whatever you believe with feeling; becomes a reality."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I get them too...


I don't like to be negative, but fuck it. We all have our days. and today was mines.
Plain talk, and bad manners; Today was SHIT.
The one good thing that stood out about today was the fact that I FINALLY found a local book store that is selling my Oscar Wilde Book.


[ Anyone who knows me, knows I'm alittle, just a tiny bit obsessed with Oscar Wilde's book, "The Picture of Dorian Gray." and i been dying to get my hands on a copy! & finally, the day has come! ]

On some real shit, I can't even BEGIN to tell me the HELL I have put myself THROUGH just to read that fucking book. Honestly, I think that's why my eyes are hurting now.


What happened was...I couldn't find the book anywhere, (well, i don't wanna say i couldn't find the book, truth is, i didn't look for the book!) I just assumed that the particular book I was looking for, wasn't going to be sold in stores here.

But before you bash me, just know...lesson learned! I learned my lesson! Never assume anything ever again! GOT IT. 

Anyways, here's what REALLY happened...After I saw the movie, 'Dorian Gray' (..starring that precious, dreamy, sweet like sugar, candy man Ben Barnes) that's when I found out about Dorian Gray. And after I found out about Dorian Gray, I found out about Oscar Wilde, (the man and author behind the 'legendary' Dorian Gray.) So being the nosey person I am, I researched  who Oscar Wilde was, and became fasinated by him. Long story short, I became so desperate to read Oscar Wilde's book that I went online and downloaded the book to my lap-top, and been reading it from there since.

Now here's the problem I ran into; For those of you who don't know; when you stare at a computer screen for hours on end, your eyes DO begin to hurt.


I can speak from experience, don't do it! (Always give your eyes a break!)
or else you'll end up a mess, like me....maybe not like me...but....I don't know whats wrong with me. It's like, when i find a good book, I become temporary insane. Madness just takes over. In my mind, it's like, if i don't READ that book a.s.a.p, I'll collaspe and die...what the hell...its like 'well...ya know, if i don't read the book now, tomorrow, i may get hit by a car, and then i'll never know what happened!' i think that's how my brain operates...I would be the dummy to die, and then when it comes time to meet God, I'll be the fool to be like, "Wait, I left something on Earth, Can I pleaseee run back and get my book so I can read it in Heaven!? Gimme two minutes! just two minutes!" I just get SO excited for books! it's unnatural!

 Ya know, I blame Oscar Wilde, if his book wasn't so damn interesting, I would never get stuck on it...and my eyes won't be hurting now. Lemme stop, I don't pour blame out on anyone. It was MY choice to sit behind this SAME screen and read. But for all of you who don't know, that book is SO good, and it has such wonderful QUOTES in it...I'm a quote gal, so his book was like Heaven for me! I've NEVER in ALL my 23 years of life, EVER read a book, with SO many amazing quotes...no lie, EVERY page has 2-3 quotes I pull and save. That's how good his writing is...it's beautiful! 


I don't know how it is for other people, but books make me really happy. and when i find a GOOD book, i just escape in it. i fall into a NEW world, and sometimes...i can't get out. (well, i can, but i don't want to.) i get lost in books, and its hard for me to put a good book down. Many people say that's why i write so much. they say its because writing allows you to be anyone, anywhere, anytime, and at any place. I always want to get away. I never want to stay where I am. I'm always dreaming....morning, noon, and night. And as a writer, it's a known fact, your dreams CAN become a reality...once that pen hits the paper...


So yeah, so that's the story about my book.

I'm hype. and I can't WAIT to get my hands on the actual book copy. I'm going to cherish it, and love it.

&& for ya'll who don't share my excitment about my new book...BITE ME.